Are MINT PDO Threads FDA approved?
Yes. MINT PDO threads have received its 510(k) clearance from the FDA and are currently being used in many other countries worldwide. MINT PDO threads are manufactured in Hans Biomed’s research facility in South Korea and shipped all over the world. They are currently used in more than 15 countries worldwide, including in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Which areas can be treated with the MINT PDO thread lift procedure?
Mint PDO thread lift is very versatile and can be used for many areas on the face and neck. The main areas that are lifted include:
- — Eyebrows
- — Nasolabial fold and smile lines (mid-face)
- — Jowls and jawline (lower face)
- — Marionette lines
- — Chin and neck
Who are good candidates for the MINT PDO Thread lift?
Thread lifting is an ideal solution for both men and women with mild to moderate skin laxity and sagging skin in the face and neck. The best candidates for thread lifting are men and women 30-60+ with relatively good skin tone. Thread lifting is a great alternative for men and women who don’t wish to undergo traditional face lift surgery with its long downtime, expense and potential complications, but still want to look refreshed and lifted, naturally. It’s also an excellent choice for those who just want to lift their skin and not get too much volume, as with fillers. Also, it’s a great choice for those who need more than just skin tightening that is achieved with aesthetic skin tightening devices.
What are the contraindications for the MINT PDO Thread lift?
- — Thread lifting is not performed on women who are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- — Thread lifting should not be performed on those with active skin infection or inflammation.
- — Patients with blood clotting disorders are not good candidate for thread lifting.
How do I prepare for the MINT PDO Thread lift?
Before your procedure, to minimize bruising from the procedure, please stop all blood thinners for at least 10 days (e.g. fish oil, aspirin, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, turmeric, etc.). If you are taking blood thinners for medical conditions, please inform us before the procedure.
How is the MINT PDO Thread Lift procedure performed?
- The treatment area is thoroughly cleaned.
- Photos are taken.
- A strong topical numbing cream is applied.
- Oral pain analgesia (e.g. Tylenol or Vicodin) is given before the procedure, if desired.
- The topical numbing cream is removed after 30 minutes and treatment area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped.
- The medical provider marks the treatment area with the thread lift design to optimize the results.
- Local anesthetic (Lidocaine) is injected into all the areas where the threads will be placed. This is to ensure the patient doesn’t feel any pain during the thread insertions.
- The threads are inserted underneath the skin in the predetermined areas.
- Once all the threads are inserted, the patient sits upright to check the results and adjust the threads as needed.
- Excess threads are cut off.
- Arnica patchs and ice packs are applied to minimize any bruising.
- Post-procedure instructions are given to the patient.
How long does the MINT PDO thread lift procedure take?
Depending on the areas treated, it takes about 30-60 minutes to insert the threads. However, the patient will be at the office for about two hours, which includes the prep, numbing and post care.
Is the MINT PDO thread lift procedure painful?
You may feel some slight stinging during the lidocaine injection. However, once all the lidocaine injections are complete, you shouldn’t feel pain from the threads.
Right after the threads are placed, you will feel some tightness in the treatment areas. You may have some soreness for several days to couple weeks, depending on the number and location of threads. Oral analgesic can be prescribed as needed for post-op comfort.
What Will I Look Like Right After The PDO Thread Lift Procedure? What Is The Recovery After A PDO Thread Lift Procedure?
You will see immediate lifting of the loose skin right after the procedure. Due to the lidocaine injections, you will have some swelling. Most of the swelling should resolve in few days. There may be some mild bruising that lasts a few days to a week. You’re able to wear make-up the next day. We recommend to take the next day off from normal activity though some people have gone to work the next day.