Smartlipo | Hartford | Avon
Smartlipo™ Laser Assisted Lipolysis
- Melts and Removes Fat
- Tightens Skin
- No Down Time
If this is the case, then SmartLipo Ultra® might be right for you. SmartLipo is a less invasive way to remove unwanted fat and sculpt those areas of the body. SmartLipo is a laser treatment that virtually melts fat cells which is then suctioned away with some of it removed by the body’s lymphatic system. The laser method for fat removal and body sculpting has been used in Europe, Asia and South America for about 10 years and was approved by the FDA for use in the United States in 2006.
Advantages of Smartlipo™We have chosen Smartlipo™ after studying the pros and cons of various methods of liposuction. Here are some key points:
- Minimal downtime: A few of our patients even return to work immediately, almost like a "lunchtime Liposuction". Of course we normally advise a day or two of rest.
- Minimal discomfort: During the procedure, there is no pain. After the anesthesia has worn off, it only feels like the aches and pains that follow a vigorous workout. This is unlike in traditional liposuction where a patient feels as if a truck was driven over the body. The bruises too are much less with Smartlipo™.
- Less traumatic: The fiber-optic cannula is inserted through a small puncture in the skin usually along creases that conceal the scar. As the laser melts the fats, it also coagulates the loose ends of small blood vessels. Compression garments are optional as the area will not bleed very much after the laser is removed. The granulation tissue (healing-tissues) does the rest of the work in contracting the treated area as well as the overlying skin.
- Post-Operative Care: Almost "normal" skin after 3 months It would be very hard to find the insertion points or tell by looking at the skin that any liposuction has ever been done. Skin contracts with the healing-tissues that replace the melted fats.
- Safety and Complications: Smartlipo™ is safer than traditional liposuction because there is less bleeding and anesthetic drugs used. In fact, in doing the procedure under tumescent technique, we have eliminated a lot of risks normally associated with general anesthesia.
Smartlipo Before and After Photos
*Individual results may vary.