Thermafrax Pre-Post Care Instructions
- If you are having a facial treatment you can either come without
makeup, or you will be asked to remove it when you arrive. If you wish,
you can reapply your makeup immediately after treatment. (Most people
decide not to, however.)
- You will be red and notice the greatest amount of swelling on
the morning after treatment. The intensity and duration of these
side-effects depends on the aggressiveness of your treatment and how you
heal. It is best not to schedule this treatment within two weeks of an
engagement for which you have concern about your appearance.
- Stop all active tanning, either from the sunshine or tanning
booth, at least two weeks prior to treatment. There are no restrictions
on the use of self-tanning products.
- Do not have any laser or other light-based treatments until your
series of Fraxel® Laser Treatments is complete, unless approved by your
- If you use products that contain glycolic acid, retinoids, or
retinols; stop them 2 weeks prior to treatment. Read the labels on all
of your skin care products, including over-the-counter.
- Plan to use non-irritating and non-clogging skin care products
for the first week or so after treatment. We recommend NeoCutis Gentle
Cleanser, NeoCutis BioCream or BioGel and a Physical UV Defense SPF 50.
- If you take an oral medication for pain or anxiety, you will need someone to drive you home.
- If a bleaching regimen is prescribed; stop it 2 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please advise us; you will need to take preventative medication.